See more information and close-up details
- Copyright © 2002 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 22" x 18"
- Techniques: Photocollaged in Corel Draw,
Ink Jet printed, machine pieced, and quilted
- Materials: fabric: 100% cotton /
batting: 80% cotton / 20% polyester
- Price: NFS
This postage stamp quilt is in honor of my
father, Cecil Joseph Bryer, who celebrated his 100th birthday
on July 24, 2001. The hundred guests who celebrated with
him, included his three children, nine grand-children, and
15 great grand-children. The large photo was taken on his
100th birthday. The small photos surrounding his head trace
his life from his baby picture in 1901 to his 99th birthday
On his birthday he drove his car one last time, then donated
it to charity......his one concession to being a centenarian.
Until 2004, he continued to live on his own in the house
he bought in 1941. He passed away in January of 2005, at
the age of 103½.
The pictures were scanned into the computer, and the center
panel of the quilt was designed in Corel Draw, then printed
with archival ink on cotton broadcloth which had been soaked
in Bubble Jet Set to make it permanent.
on details for larger images
This quilt was made especially for PAQA Post,
an exhibition of 18" x 22" quilts in the format
of postage stamps by members of the Professional Art Quilt
- PAQA Post: exhibition of small work by members of the
Professional Art Quilt Alliance (traveling 2002-2004)
- "Evolving Styles - 20 Years of Color & Design"
Solo Exhibition: LaConner Quilt Museum, LaConner WA, March
16 - May 15, 2005
- Silver Star Salute: Caryl Bryer Fallert (Retrospective
Solo Exhibition) International Quilt Market/Festival 2006,
- Bryerpatch Studio, Paducah KY, 2012
- Bryerpatch Studio, Port Townsend, WA, 2014
- Caryl Bryer Fallert: A Retrospective, New England Quilt Museum, Lowell, MA, August 20 - October 31, 2015
- Quilt Savvy: Fallert's Guide to Images on Fabric, AQS
2004, pp. 14,15, 106, 1