Midnight Fantasy #5.2
See more information and close-up details
- Copyright © 2002 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 18" x 18"
- Techniques: Hand dyed and painted, machine
pieced, appliqued, and quilted
- Materials: 100% cotton fabric / batting:
80% cotton / 20% polyester
- Price: $1400.00
This is one of a series of quilts based on doodles drawn
in the middle of a sleepless night. This quilt was made
for Small Works II, Collection A, a traveling exhibition
by members of the Professional Art Quilt Alliance(PAQA).
Half of the fabrics were hand dyed. The other half is commercially
printed fabric which was designed by Caryl for Benertex.
To carry out the theme of the show, there are 2 flying goose
triangles, 2 colors in the spiky curved shape, and 2 values
of blue used in the background, and reversed in the binding.
on details for larger images
- Small Works II, Collection A, PAQA traveling exhibition
- "Evolving Styles - 20 Years of Color & Design"
Solo Exhibition: LaConner Quilt Museum, LaConner WA, March
16 - May 15, 2005
- Caryl Bryer Fallert: Silver Star Salute: Retrospective
Exhibition, International Quilt Market & International
Quilt Festival, October 27-November 5, 2006, Houston,
- Bryerpatch Studio Gallery, Paducah KY, 2006-2014
- Wisconsin Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts, (retrospective exhibition of my work) Cedarburg, WI, January 14-April 12, 2015
- Caryl Bryer Fallert: A Retrospective, New England Quilt Museum, Lowell, MA, August 20 - October 31, 2015
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion
- University Museum, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS, January 26 - April 16, 2016
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion, Mitchell Museum, Cedarhurst Center for the Arts, Mt. Vernon, IL, July 31-October 9, 2016