- Copyright © 1989 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 10
- Techniques: Hand dyed and painted, machine pieced, and
quilted, machine knit, embellished
- Materials: 100% silk fabric and yarn / cotton batting
See more details below
This ensemble was made in 1989 for the Fairfield Fashion
The suit is made from silk noil, dyed in rainbow gradations.
The jacket is pieced from strips of fabric from turquoise to orange.
The pleats of the skirt are pieced, with the turquoise to orange gradation
on the outside of the pleats, and more brilliant rainbow colors on
the inside of the pleats.
The sweater was machine knit with silk yarn, and then painted with
dye to match the suit. The shoes and the hat were embellished with
silk from the suit, and fabric jewelry was made from silk fabric and
- Fairfield Fashion show: 1989-1990
- St.Louis Wearable Art Gallery, 1991
- Fairfield Fashion show Catalog, 1989
detail for larger image
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2015
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • firstname.lastname@example.org