See details & more information below
- Copyright © 2017 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 30" x 29"
- Techniques: digitally printed, machine pieced, appliqued, and
- Fabric: 100% cotton • Batting: 80% cotton / 20% polyester
- Price: $3600.00
you would like to purchase or exhibit this quilt, please contact Caryl privately.
Email Phone: 360-385-2568 Snail Mail: Bryerpatch Studio 10 Baycliff Place. Port Townsend, WA 98368
In May of 2016 I had a show at the Northwind Arts Center in Port Townsend, Washington. At the opening reception, music was provided by Bertram Levy, a bandoneon player. My husband Ron Gentry took a picture that perfectly captured the joy of this musician as he played. Later we saw Bertram Levy in concert with his group Tangoheart and learned that the bandoneon is a very challenging instrument, developed in Argentina, and used to create music for the tango.
I created the composition for this quilt to compliment the image of the musician. The shadow of a couple dancing the tango, suggests that they may be somewhere else in the same room. I changed the colors of the shirt and foot rest to red to make the overall design more balanced.
The figure of the musician and his chair were enlarged and laser printed on fabric. All of the other fabrics in the quilt are from the various collections of fabric that I have designed for Benartex.
The quilting was done with many different colors of thread. The vine pattern on the far upper left side echoes the decorative motif on the end of the bandoneon.
Coming of Age II (CQA Group Exhibition), Seattle City Hall Lobby: Anne Focke Gallery, 600
• Seattle, WA 98104
, May 4 to July 5, 2017 ,
Mon.-Fri.7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Fiber Revolution, SDA: North Peninsula Chapter, Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, Port Angeles, WA, September 16 - November 15, 2017 (viewer's choice)
- Photographs and Memories - Pacific Northwest Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum, LaConner, WA, January 14 - March 25, 2018
- Voices of CQA, Northwest Quilt Expo, Portland, OR, September 27 - 29, 2018
- Pacific International Quilt Festival, Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, California, October 17-20, 2019
- None as of
September 10, 2019
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2019
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • email@example.com