||Bradford Fantasy #2
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 2015 Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry
- Size: 30" x 30" (76 cm x 76 cm)
- Techniques: Hand dyed and painted, machine pieced, appliqued
- Materials: fabric: 100% cotton / batting:
50% cotton/ 50% bamboo
- Price: $4200.00
you would like to purchase or exhibit this quilt, please contact Caryl privately.
Email Phone: 360-385-2568 Snail Mail: Bryerpatch Studio 10 Baycliff Place. Port Townsend, WA 98368
In the neighborhood near my former home in aducah KY there are Bradford Pear trees which produce autumn leaves in an amazing variety of different colors and patterns. For several years I picked up especially beautiful specimens and scanned or photographed them. This quilt was inspired some of the characteristic patterns in these beautiful leaves. It is not meant to be a picture of a leaf, but simply a play on some of the design elements of the leaves.
All of the fabrics in the center of the quilt were hand painted and dyed. The outside border fabrics are from my Caryl’s Feather collection, which I designed for Benartex.
|The quilting is done with many different colors of polyester top-stitching thread. The appliqued spots in the center of each leaf section are quilted in the color of the background, to make the pebbly pattern look like it is floating.
- Quilts=Art=Quilts, Schweinfurth Arts Center, Auburn, NY, October 2015-January, 2016
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion, University Museum, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS, January 26 - April 16, 2016
- Fantasies in Fiber & Beads: (two person show) Northwind Arts Center, Port Townsend, WA, May 5-29, 2016
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion
- Mitchell Museum, Cedarhurst Center for the Arts, Mt. Vernon, IL, July 31-October 9, 2016
- Nixon Centre for Performing & Visual Arts,
Newnan, GA January 9 - February 17, 2017
- Texas Quilt Museum, La Grange, TX • March 30 - June 25, 2017
- Color, Light, & Motion: Fine Art Quilts by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry, Art at the Old Alcohol Plant Gallery, Port Hadlock, WA, July 8-August 26, 2018
- “Transformative Style – Originality, Revolution, & Repute”, North Olympic Arts Festival, Sequim Museum & Arts Center, Sequim WA, October 5 – November 24, 2018
- Schacktober Fest, Schack Arts Center, Everett, WA, September 12-22, 2019
Publications and Media:
Peninsula Daily News, October 5-11, 2018, Sec. C (Arts & Entertainment), p. 1
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2019
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • firstname.lastname@example.org