See details & more information below
- Copyright © 2015 Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry
- Size: 64" x 84" (164cm x 216cm)
- Techniques: hand dyed, hand painted, machine pieced, and
- Materials: fabric-100% cotton /
batting: 50% cotton 50% bamboo
- Price: $18000.00
you would like to purchase or exhibit this quilt, please contact Caryl privately.
Email Phone: 360-385-2568 Snail Mail: Bryerpatch Studio 10 Baycliff Place. Port Townsend, WA 98368
This quilt is a celebration of pattern and color. The design grew out of a series of abstract sketches, loosely based on some original, spiral quilting patterns that I have used in many of my quilts. Some of the fabrics were hand dyed in gradations. Others were painted in gradations, resulting in more visual texture. Some were painted with multiple colors on fabrics that had been manipulated into folds, resulting in lots of pattern and contrast.
|back of quilt
The free-motion quilting was all done freehand, with no marking. I just made it up as I went. I used many different patterns and dozens of different thread colors, matching the background color in some areas and adding contrast in others.
The back is made from two fabrics in my Splash collection for Benartex, and the stripe down the center is made from left-over painted fabrics from the front.
- Bryerpatch Studio, Port Townsend, WA, May, 2015
- Caryl Bryer Fallert: A Retrospective, New England Quilt Museum, Lowell, MA, August 20 - October 31, 2015
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion, University Museum, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS, January 26 - April 16, 2016
- Fantasies in Fiber & Beads: (two person show) Northwind Arts Center, Port Townsend, WA, May 5-29, 2016
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion
- Mitchell Museum, Cedarhurst Center for the Arts, Mt. Vernon, IL, July 31-October 9, 2016
- Nixon Centre for Performing & Visual Arts,
Newnan, GA January 9 - February 17, 2017
- Texas Quilt Museum, La Grange, TX • March 30 - June 25, 2017
- Portfolio 23: The Art Quilt Sourcebook, Studio Art Quilt Associates, Inc, 2016, p. 68
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2016
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • firstname.lastname@example.org