||Cleared to Hold #2
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 1997 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 27" x 27"
- Techniques: Hand dyed & painted, machine pieced, and
- Materials: fabric-100% cotton /
- Private collection, Anchorage, Alaska
In June of 1997, after 28 years as a flight attendant for a major airline, I retired to pursue my career as a professional quilt artist. This quilt is part of what I call my "Retirement Series". Cleared to hold refers to the many, many hours I spent circling in various locations because of bad weather or traffic at our destination. Cleared to hold is one of the oxymorons of the airline industry. If you're cleared, why are you holding???????
details for larger images
The quilt has a topsy-turvy horizon and a spiral of triangles in a graduated curve. This is a variation on the traditional "Flying Geese" quilt pattern. The blue border and the red/orange binding are the colors of the stripes on the airplanes.
- ART CENTER / OLD FORGE, 1997 (invitational solo exhibition in conjunction with Northeast Quilts Unlimited) Old Forge, NY
- None as of
January 8, 2017
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2015
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • firstname.lastname@example.org