|Although I have retired from teaching, I still occasionally photograph the making of a quilt from start to finish.
During the making of this quilt, I documented my whole creative process from idea to the final stitch and have published a 98-page tutorial. I am offering it absolutely FREE (really there is no catch and I'm not selling anything except my quilts these days). There is a web version that loads fast and a printable, downloadable (PDF), high-resolution version... your choice. Enjoy!!
||Fossil Fantasy #1
Printable version of the info on this page
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 2016 Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry
- Size: 30" x 44" (112cm x 112cm)
- Techniques: machine pieced, and
- Materials: fabric-100% cotton /
batting: 50% cotton 50% bamboo
- Price: $6500.00
you would like to purchase or exhibit this quilt, please contact Caryl privately.
Email Phone: 360-385-2568 Snail Mail: Bryerpatch Studio 10 Baycliff Place. Port Townsend, WA 98368
This design was inspired by fossils of prehistoric ammonites. To develop the line drawing, I studied many different ammonites and combined elements from several of them plus a few added flourishes from my imagination.
All of the fabrics were painted or hand dyed except the last four inches in the center of the spiral, which was designed in Corel Draw and printed on cotton fabric. I did some additional drawing with ink and pencil on the individual templates. The colors, of course are pure fantasy. I had fun juxtaposing brilliant rainbow hues against a collection of sludgy neutral tones.
Many different colors of thread where use in the quilting, most of which is done in fantasy spiral patterns to reflect the theme of the quilt. The binding is made from a fabric in my Gradations collection for Benartex, and the backing is from my Atmospheres collection, a spiraling design to compliment the theme.
- Fiber Fusion: Washington State Surface Design Association traveling show,
- June 1 – 23, 2016: Allied Arts, Richland, WA
- November, 2016: VALA Art Center, Redmond, WA
- February, 2017: Northwind Arts, Port Townsend, WA
- March, 2017: Schack Art Center, Everett, WA
- Contemporary Quilt Art Association / Brazil ,
Joint Traveling Show,
- AQS Daytona Beach, FL, Feb. 28 – Mar. 3, 2018
- AQS Lancaster, PA, Mar. 21 – 24, 2018
- AQS Spring Paducah, KY, Apr. 18 – 21, 2018
- Pacific Northwest Quilt and Fiber Arts Museum, La Conner, WA
- Oct - Dec. 31, 2018 Brazil Quilts
- Nov. - Jan. 31, 2019 CQA Quilts
- AQS Daytona Beach Show Book: 2018 p.36
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2015
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • email@example.com
3/9/18e -->e -->e -->