- Copyright © 2012 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 30" wide x 30" high (76cm x 76cm)
- Techniques: Machine pieced, & quilted
- Materials: fabric: 100% cotton / batting: 50% cotton/50%
- Price: $2200.00
See more information and details below
you would like to purchase or exhibit this quilt, please contact Caryl privately.
Email Phone: 360-385-2568 Snail Mail: Bryerpatch Studio 10 Baycliff Place. Port Townsend, WA 98368
This quilt is part of a series exploring the illusion of
overlapping transparent triangles.
The quilts in this series start with two square blocks with
equilateral triangles. Square A has a dark triangle on a light
background and Square B has a light triangle on a dark background.
The squares are sliced into strips and reassembled with alternating
strips from Square A and Square B. All of the fabrics in this quilt were designed by Caryl
for Benartex and come from her Gradations and Multi-Tye-Dye collections from Benartex.
The quilting started with five curving feathers done with fluorescent yellow top-stitching thread. The negative spaces are quilted in a medium-value mauve thread in an all-over fan pattern.
- Bryerpatch Studio Gallery, Paducah KY, 2013
- 30 Quilts for 30 Years: Solo, traveling exhibition celebrating
30 years of making art quilts.
- International Quilt Market & Festival, 2013, Houston
TX, October 25–November 3, 2013
- National Quilt Museum, Paducah KY, December 6, 2013
– March 11, 2014
- Bryerpatch Studio Gallery, Paducah KY March 15, 2014 – May 1, 2014
- Les Jardins de Magali, Lauris, France (12 quilts) May 8 – May 18, 2014
- Visions Art Museum, San Diego, CA, August 1, 2014 – September 21, 2014
- Wisconsin Quilt Museum, Cedarburg, WI, January 14- April 12, 2015
- LaConner Quilt Museum, LaConner WA – July 1–October 4, 2015
- Virginia Quilt Museum, Harrisonburg, VA – October 14, - December 19, 2015
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion,
- University Museum, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS, January 26 - April 16, 2016
- Mitchell Museum, Cedarhurst Center for the Arts, Mt. Vernon, IL, July 31-October 9, 2016
- Nixon Centre for Performing & Visual Arts,
Newnan, GA January 9 - February 17, 2017
- Texas Quilt Museum, La Grange, TX • March 30 - June 25, 2017
on details for larger images
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2016
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • firstname.lastname@example.org