||Inner Spaces #1
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 1993 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 41" x 47"
- Techniques: Dye painted, machine embroidered, machine
- Materials: fabric: 100% cotton / batting: 80% cotton
/ 20% polyester
- Owner: Private collection, Louisville, Kentucky
This is one of a series of quilts exploring spontaneous designs, created
by painting fabric with fiber reactive dye, then embroidering and quilting
the design to give it definition and relief. The design of this fabric painting
reminded me of photographs of various organic substances taken through a microscope.
The fabric was quilted heavily by machine in a freeform pattern with no marking
of the quilt top. The machine quilting becomes a major design element in this
piece, providing a foreground dimension that echoes the painted design.
- THE ARTISANS ART, Barrington Area Arts Council Gallery, 1993, (invitational) Barrington, IL
- COLORS OF EARTH AND SPACE, NASA, Ames Research Center, Visitors Center, Moffett Field, CA
- None as of
January 6, 2017
details for larger images
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2015
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • email@example.com