||Jacuzzi Jazz #1
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 2015 Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry
- Size: 60" x 60"(152cm x 152cm)
- Techniques: Hand dyed, hand painted, digitally printed, machine pieced, and
- Materials: fabric-100% cotton /
batting: 50% cotton 50% bamboo
- Price: $15,000.00
you would like to purchase or exhibit this quilt, please contact Caryl privately.
Email Phone: 360-385-2568 Snail Mail: Bryerpatch Studio 10 Baycliff Place. Port Townsend, WA 98368
This quilt was made especially for my solo show “Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, and Motion. The vortex was inspired by the spiraling designs found in many fractals.
The design begins with a very light center and as the spiral gets larger the colors become darker and more saturated against a background of virtual black. To create an eye-dazzling effect, I have used rainbow colors alternating with their compliments, an arrangement I call “intersecting color and value gradations”.
Half of the fabrics are from the various collections I have designed for Benartex and the other half are one-of-a-kind fabrics that I hand dyed in rainbow gradations, hand painted with dye, or designed and printed digitally.
The quilting was done with dozens of different colors of #30 and #40 top-stitching thread. The smaller, sharper templates were quilted in “feather” patterns and the larger templates were quilted with a flowing pattern that incorporates a few spirals to suggest eddies within the vortex.
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light & Motion
- Fantasies in Fiber & Beads: (two person show) Northwind Arts Center, Port Townsend, WA, May 5-29, 2016
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion
- Mitchell Museum, Cedarhurst Center for the Arts, Mt. Vernon, IL, July 31-October 9, 2016
- Nixon Centre for Performing & Visual Arts,
Newnan, GA January 9 - February 17, 2017
- Texas Quilt Museum, La Grange, TX • March 30 - June 25, 2017
- Quilts: A World of Beauty: International Quilt Association Show, International Quilt Festival, Houston, TX November 2-5, 2017
- Quilt Scene, International Quilt Festival, 2017 Official Insiders Guide, Gallery section: p. 22
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2016
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • firstname.lastname@example.org