See more information and details below
- Copyright © 1989 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 22" x 22"
- Techniques: Hand dyed, machine pieced, appliqued, embroidered, and
- Materials: fabric: 100% cotton / batting: wool
- Private Collection, Illinois
This machine embroidered quilt is a composition of circles. It expresses the idea of the magnetic field of the earth, reaching far out into space in one direction, and stopped by the magnetic field of the sun in the other direction. Pieces of hand-dyed cotton fabric were layered on a base fabric and stitched over with a variety of threads in a technique I call thread painting
- Fiber Alaska, 1989, anchorage, AK
- Expressions in Quilting, Barrington Area Arts Council Gallery, 1989, Barrington, Illinois
- Fiberworks, 89, Du Page Textile Artists Guild, Triton College Art Gallery, River Grove, Illinois.
details for larger images
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2015
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • firstname.lastname@example.org