||Poised for Flight
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 2011 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 16" x 16"
- Techniques: Hand dyed and painted, machine pieced,
- Materials: fabric: 100% cotton / batting: 100%
- Owner: Auctioned November 2011 for the Alzheimer's
Quilt Initiative. Purchased by private collector, Alberta,
This is one of a series of small quilts depicting white
birds, in this case a heron or white egret. The background,
border, and binding fabrics were hand painted with dye.
The bird was drawn with permanent ink and then painted
with simi-opaque white paint using a hand cut stencil.
The tree was drawn freehand with brown textile marker
and black permanent marker. The quilting becomes the
completion of the details in both the bird and the tree.
The background is densely quilted with many different
colors of thread in decorative patterns that might be
found in nature.
- Quilters Newsletter Magazine, April/May 2012, p 12
- Machine Quilting Unlimited: May/June 2012, Cover
on details for larger images
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2015
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • firstname.lastname@example.org