See details & more information below
- Copyright © 1991 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 25" x 38"
- Techniques: Hand dyed, pleated, machine pieced, and
- Materials: fabric-100% cotton /
- Private collection
This is one of a series of quilts in which three dimensional, constructed tucks are incorporated into a patterned background. The background fabric for REFLECTION #8 is a commercially printed fabric from Australia.
Each of the 1/2" "tucks" was constructed from two different fabrics. The left sides of the tucks were made from fabrics dyed in a gradations of hot colors from yellow to orange to fuchsia. The right sides of the tucks graduate through the cool colors from yellow to green to blue. The use of color and value (light to dark) gradations, and the twisting of the tucks from side to side, create the illusion of movement and light across the surface of the quilt. Because different color gradations are used on the right and left sides of the three dimensional tucks, the appearance of the quilt can be changed significantly by changing your point of view. I like to call the quilts in this series "viewer participation art."
The three dimensional center of the quilt is surrounded by successive borders of solid purple, the printed background fabric, and a rainbow striped fabric.
details for larger images
- JOSEPH SEARS SCHOOL BENEFIT SHOW, 1991, Kenelworth, IL
- THE ARTIST WORKS GALLEY, 1991-1992, Naperville, IL
- WE CARE CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC, 1992-93, Aurora, IL
- CONTEMPORARY QUILTS: FOUR VISIONS IN FIBER, 1994, (Invitational) The Stocker Center Gallery, Elyria, OH
- SPECTRUM - AN ARRAY OF ART QUILTS, 1994, Quilt Capers Gallery, Oldwick, NJ
- ILLINOIS ARTISANS SHOP, Southern Illinois Arts & Crafts Marketplace, 1994, Rend Lake, IL
- None as of
December 21, 2016
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2015
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • firstname.lastname@example.org