See more information and details below
- Copyright © 2012 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 30" x 30"
- Techniques: Machine pieced, appliquéd, and quilted
- Materials: fabric: 100% cotton / batting: 50% cotton
| 50% bamboo
- Owner: Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Photo: Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Price: $3200.00
you would like to purchase or exhibit this quilt, please contact Caryl privately.
Email Phone: 360-385-2568 Snail Mail: Bryerpatch Studio 10 Baycliff Place. Port Townsend, WA 98368
original pencil sketch
The four fabrics used in this quilt
Color studies for Spirogyra #4
For many years a small clipping from a magazine hung over
my desk. It was a picture taken through a microscope of spirogyra,
a single cell, filamentous algae, commonly known as pond scum.
This the fourth quilt I have made, inspired by the patterns
of dots and curving stripes found in that image.
This entire quilt is a study in intersecting color and value
gradations. The fabrics used are all from my Gradations collection
for Benartex. The dots are quilted in a pattern of small irregular
ovals, which look like pebbles. The pebbles seem to float
because the thread color matches the background fabric.The
background fabrics are quilted in a small meander pattern.
The yellow/green stripes, dividing the segments are quilted
in wavy lines that roughly echo the edges of the templates.
Before choosing fabrics for the quilt top, I did a series
of color studies in Corel Draw, and chose the color combination
I liked the best.
- Patchwork Design São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, March, 2016 (invitational)
- Bryerpatch Studio Gallery, Paducah KY
- 30 Quilts for 30 Years: Solo, traveling exhibition celebrating
30 years of making art quilts.
- International Quilt Market & Festival, 2013, Houston
TX, October 25–November 3, 2013
- National Quilt Museum, Paducah KY, December 6, 2013
– March 11, 2014
- Bryerpatch Studio Gallery, Paducah KY March 15, 2014 – May 1, 2014
- Les Jardins de Magali, Lauris, France, May 8 – May 18, 2014
- Visions Art Museum, San Diego, CA, August 1, 2014 – September 21, 2014
- LaConner Quilt Museum, LaConner WA – July 1–October 4, 2015
- Virginia Quilt Museum, Harrisonburg, VA – October 14, - December 19, 2015
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion, University Museum, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS, January 26 - April 16, 2016
- Fantasies in Fiber & Beads: (two person show) Northwind Arts Center, Port Townsend, WA, May 5-29, 2016
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion
- Color, Light, & Motion: Fine Art Quilts by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry, Art at the Old Alcohol Plant Gallery, Port Hadlock, WA, July 8-August 26, 2018
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2016
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • firstname.lastname@example.org