||Studio Window #1
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 2018 Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry
- Size: 15" x 12"
- Techniques: Original photography, digital painting, machine pieced, embroidered, and
- Fabric: 100% cotton / Batting: 50% cotton / 50% bamboo
- Price: $1200.00
you would like to purchase or exhibit this quilt, please contact Caryl privately.
Email Phone: 360-385-2568 Snail Mail: Bryerpatch Studio 10 Baycliff Place. Port Townsend, WA 98368
One of the windows in my studio looks northeast, out over Puget Sound, with Indian Island and Marrowstone Island in the foreground and Mt. Baker in the distance. Every day we see the sunrise, and I often take pictures, since it looks a little different every day. The original photo for this quilt was taken in July 2014. I made a digital painting based on the photograph, using Corel Draw and my Surface Design Studio computer, which allows me to draw and paint right on the screen. My digital painting was printed on cotton fabric. I added a black border and machine embroidered the whole picture with dozens of different colors of polyester thread.
- Small Expressions, Northwind Arts Center, Port Townsend, WA, Nov. 29 - Dec. 30, 2018
- Small Expressions, Handweavers Guild of America,
- Southeast Fiber Arts Alliance, Chamblee, GA July 12-Sept. 12, 2019
- Aiken Center for the Arts, Aiken, SC Sept. 17-Oct. 10, 2019
- Texas A&M University/University Art Gallery, College Station, TX, Oct. 24-Dec. 14, 2019
- St. George Art Museum, St. George, UT, Dec. 23-Feb. 10, 2020
- Levis JCC's Schuman Museum Gallery, Boca Raton, FL, Feb. 23-Mar. 29, 2020
- Thousand Island Arts Center, Clayton, NY, April 20-May 29, 2020
- Holter Museum of Art, Helena, MT, June, 2020 (dates not confirmed)
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2019
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • email@example.com