|FREE TUTORIAL: CLICK HERE for a free slide show documenting the making of this quilt from inspiration to finished quilt, including detailed explanations of Caryl's color and piecing techniques. .
Button Weed #2
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 2002 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 55" x 69"
- Techniques: Hand dyed and painted, machine pieced,
- Materials: fabric: 100% cotton / batting: 80% cotton
/ 20% polyester
- Private Collection, St. Louis, MO
the fall of 2001 we took many walks through the fields next
to our house after the beans and corn had been harvested.
What remained standing in the fields were the dried skeletons
of the velvet leaf or button weed plant. I picked several
of the seed pods, scanned them on my flat bed scanner and
enlarged them so all of the details could be seen. The design
for this quilt is based on the enlarged seed pods. I hand
dyed many variegated, earth-toned fabrics for the seed pod,
which are silhouetted against a sky of graduated turquoise.
- American Quilters Society Show, Paducah, KY 2003 (third
- Solo Exhibition: Little White School Museum, Oswego,
IL, June 2003
- AQS Catalog of Quilts 2003: p.102
- Arte Patchwork, (Spain) December 2009, p. 9
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2015
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • firstname.lastname@example.org