||Feather Study #10
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 1999 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 48" x 48"
- Techniques: Hand dyed and painted, machine pieced, and quilted
- Materials: 100% cotton fabric batting: 80% cotton /
- Private Collection: Milton, Ontario, Canada
This is one of a series of quilts inspired by a close-up
view of a feather. This quilt is a fantasy feather that evolved from one
a series of hundreds of drawings on this theme.
The illusion of light in this quilt was created by using
fabric that was hand dyed in gradations of color and value.
The machine quilting was done with many different colors
of Madeira Poly-Neon thread. The feather is quilted in freeform organic
patterns, and spaces between the feathers are quilted in an overall interlocking
loop pattern. The graduated green background areas around the edges are
quilted with matching thread in meander pattern.
details for larger images
|The back of the quilt is a single hand painted fabric.
- Indiana Heritage Quilt Show, March 2,3,4 2000, Bloomington Convention
Center, 302 South College Ave, Bloomington, IN http://www.ihqs-quiltshow.org
- Quilters Heritage Celebration: Quilt 2000 State of the Art,
April 6-9, 2000, Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center, 2300 Lincoln
Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602 http://www.qhconline.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art Quilts: Contemporary Art Forms from Traditional Origins, Dubuque
Museum of Art, Dubuque, IA (invitational)
- International Quilt Association Show, Quilt Festival, Houston, TX,
2000, Third Place
- Caryl Bryer Fallert: A Sense of Wonder, solo exhibition at the Burlington
Arts Center, Burlington, ON, Canada, Feb. 28- Mar.30. 2001 info@BurlingtonArtCentre.on.ca
- None as of
January 11, 2017
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2015
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • email@example.com