This is one of a
series of quilts inspired by a close-up view of a feather. The fantasy feather in this design evolved from one a series of hundreds of drawings
on this theme.
The illusion of light in this quilt was created by using
fabric from my Gradations collection for Benartex (available from Paper Pieces). The multi-colored background fabric is a one-of-a-kind hand painted fabric.
All of the curved seams in
this quilt were joined using "Applipiecing", a technique
I developed in 1989 to make curved seams fast, easy,
and accurate. Instructions for applipiecing can be found at Paper Pieces.
This is the first quilt completed in my new studio at 10 Baycliff Place in Port Townsend, WA. It was started in my Paducah, KY studio during the winter of 2013-14 and completed in August 2014.
- Patchwork Design São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, March, 2015 (invitational)
- Bryerpatch Studio Gallery, Port Townsend, WA, August-December, 2014
- 30 Quilts for 30 Years: Solo, traveling exhibition celebrating
30 years of making art quilts. (Venues in 2015)
- LaConner Quilt Museum, LaConner WA – July 1–October 4, 2015
- Virginia Quilt Museum, Harrisonburg, VA – October 14, - December 19, 2015
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion, University Museum, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS, January 26 - April 16, 2016
- Fantasies in Fiber & Beads: (two person show) Northwind Arts Center, Port Townsend, WA, May 5-29, 2016
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion
- Mitchell Museum, Cedarhurst Center for the Arts, Mt. Vernon, IL, July 31-October 9, 2016
- Nixon Centre for Performing & Visual Arts,
Newnan, GA January 9 - February 17, 2017
- Texas Quilt Museum, La Grange, TX • March 30 - June 25, 2017
- Legacy 2: LowerTown Past and Present, Paducah School of Art, Paducah, KY, October 12- November 8, 2017