Vine #2 began with a doodle I drew many years ago and kept in my inspiration file. I decided to play around with it and see what happened. I tried several different shapes and arrangements and eventually it evolved into the pencil sketch on the left, which was copied onto clear acetate and projected onto freezer paper, using an overhead projector. The design was drawn full size on freezer paper to make the pattern.
The fabrics include hand-dyed gradations, hand painted fabrics, and fabrics from the various collections I have designed for Benartex.
In the quilting I used dozens of different colors of thread. The negative spaces are quilted in vine patterns.